Are you already doing community service? Consider an exciting new opportunity to receive grant funding to perform community or volunteer service through the California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program (DSIG) for California Dream Act Application (CADAA) students.Apply Now
The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) will award up to $3,000 per academic year (up to $1,500 per semester) to 2,500 eligible students who perform 150 hours per semester of community or volunteer service at a Qualifying Service Organization.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have completed and submitted a CADAA for the 2021-22 academic year,
- Be an active recipient of a Cal Grant B for the 2021-22 academic year,
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Complete any required verification for the Cal Grant B award
- Have enough financial need, and
- Maintain at least halftime enrollment per term.
Students enrolled half-time and three-fourths time are eligible, but the grant amount will be reduced based on enrollment:
- For half-time students, 50 percent is awarded (i.e. $750.00)
- For three quarter time (three-fourths full-time) students, 75 percent is awarded (i.e., $1,125.00)
- Students enrolled less than half-time are not eligible for the award
Regardless of enrollment, students shall perform at least 150 hours per semester or 100 hours per quarter of community or volunteer service. For more information on eligibility be sure to read the DSIG FAQ for Students.
Payment: Receiving Your Incentive
To start the payment process, students can request payment after performing at least 150 hours per semester of community or volunteer service. Students must submit the Payment Request Form along with documentation of the service hours performed. The Payment Request form and directions can be found on the Request Payment webpage.
After submitting your Payment Request, you will be notified via email when payment has been approved. Payment will be processed by the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office and can take up to 6 weeks. Initial DSIG payment will occur after you receive at least one Cal Grant B payment. Your Cal Grant B Access grant will be increased by CSAC once they process and approve the payment request form and the school processes and updates your Cal Grant B award on your financial aid package.
Need Help? We’re Here for You
We’ll help you verify your eligibility to participate in the DSIG program by validating the Grant Application and the Payment Request form, please contact us!
Don’t wait to start your application! Visit www.csac.ca.gov/dsig to get more information about eligibility, application, service requirements and service organizations. Start your application soon as there are a limited number of grants available!