Congratulations on your admission to the University of California, Berkeley!
Many students have the opportunity to participate in Newly Admitted Student Pathway programs like the Fall Program for Freshmen (FPF), Global Edge Program and/or the Hong Kong University (HKU) Program. It’s important to have the financial aid information necessary before choosing a pathway.
The information below will assist you and your family in understanding how participating in FPF, Global Edge or HKU could impact your financial aid for the academic year. Should your participation in one of these programs be impacted by COVID-19, we will adjust your Cost of Attendance and aid offer to reflect your updated pathway.
Note: These are general responses and may not apply to all students and/or in all cases.
- How will participating in Fall Program for Freshmen (FPF) or the Global Edge Program impact my financial aid?A: Your pathway choice and housing arrangement can impact the types and amounts of financial aid you are eligible for. While you consider your options, we encourage you to estimate your aid for the Fall Program for Freshmen and/or the Global Edge Program. Estimating your aid will provide you with the necessary financial aid information before you finalize your pathway choice.
- How do I estimate my financial aid for the Fall Program for Freshmen or the Global Edge Program?A: To view how your cost of attendance and financial aid will change with each option, you can update your housing or pathway option on CalCentral by following these steps:
- Start by clicking on the “Your Financial Aid and Scholarships” link under Resources in MAP@Berkeley to view your financial aid awards.
- Simply click on “Update Housing/Pathway” and select the pathway you are considering for fall and the appropriate housing option for spring.
- Click on “Update”, then return to your Financial Aid and Scholarship page to review the revised Cost of Attendance, awards, and Net Cost. We encourage you to select the “View the Term Amount” options under the Estimated Cost of Attendance and Awards sections to review your costs and awards by semester.
- The Fall Program for Freshmen (FPF) and/or Global Edge pathway options are not available to me under the "Housing or Pathway" link in My Finances. How do I estimate my financial aid for the FPF or the Global Edge Program?A: By answering a few simple questions, our Financial Aid Net Price Calculator can provide you an estimated financial aid offer for the fall and spring semesters, including participation in FPF and/or Global Edge in the fall semester. Note: If you are interested in participating in attending Global Edge, you will need to use the Summer New Student Net Price Calculator to estimate your summer financial aid in addition to using the Net Price calculator for fall/spring terms. UC Berkeley reserves the right to adjust awards to correct any awarding errors. Changes to qualifying information or revisions of federal, state, or institutional policy may result in updates to aid eligibility and adjustments of financial aid awards. Information is subject to change.
- I need to attend Summer Session to participate in Global Edge. Will I be eligible for summer financial aid?A: You may be eligible for summer financial aid as a new student. You will need to apply for summer financial aid by completing a FAFSA or Dream Act Application by June 1. Please review the Global Edge program and/or the Summer Financial Aid page for important dates and deadlines. We encourage students to also our Financial Aid Net Price Calculator for an estimated summer financial aid offer until an application is filed. Note: If you are interested in participating in attending Global Edge, you will need to use the Summer New Student Net Price Calculator to estimate your summer financial aid in addition to using the Net Price calculator for fall/spring terms. UC Berkeley reserves the right to adjust awards to correct any awarding errors. Changes to qualifying information or revisions of federal, state, or institutional policy may result in updates to aid eligibility and adjustments of financial aid awards. Information is subject to change.
- How will participating in the Hong Kong University (HKU) Dual Degree program impact my financial aid?A: If eligible, financial aid and scholarships are provided by your current campus of attendance. Students accepted to the Dual Degree Program will be considered for the HKU Foundation Entrance Scholarship upon admission to HKU for years 1 and 2. A separate application is not required. The scholarship may cover up to full tuition plus living expenses. U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents and eligible non-citizens may apply for and receive financial aid through the Berkeley Financial Aid and Scholarships office while enrolled at Berkeley in years 3 and 4. International students should contact Berkeley's International Office for more information on funding availability.
- I have other questions about financial aid. Where can I find more information?A: We encourage students to review our Newly Admitted Student FAQs for answers to many common questions. You can also contact Cal Student Central with questions about financial aid, registration and billing. Please note that phone and in-person wait times may be longer than normal during peak periods. We appreciate your patience.