Contact Us |  

Search form


Student Contribution Appeal

Your financial circumstances may change, and those changes may affect your ability to contribute to your education. We are here to help. 

NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS, you will be able to access the website that allows you to submit an appeal after you accept your offer of admission and create a CalNet ID. If you need immediate assistance, contact Cal Student Central.

If your current income is substantially less than what you reported on the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application, or your income is substantially reduced by expenses due to certain extenuating circumstances, you can consider requesting a Student Contribution Appeal. We will review your appeal and make adjustments, as appropriate, based on your current financial situation.

All Student Contribution Appeals require a letter of explanation describing, in detail, the circumstances surrounding your appeal and copies of your and your spouses (if applicable) 2018 tax returns and W2 forms. In addition, we require documentation that supports the specific circumstance outlined in your appeal.  

How to Request an Income Appeal

  • Go to the Berkeley Financial Aid Forms website.

    • Note- if you have not registered with the Berkeley Financial Aid Forms website, you will need to do that first. This is a one time process that matches up your personal information with the aid application we have on file for you. View the instructions on how to get started in the Berkeley Financial Aid Forms website. 

  • After you have logged into the Berkeley Financial Aid Forms website, click on the + Request button at the top of the page.

  • Chose the Family Contribution Appeal – to add the form to your file, click on the + button.

  • Provide a brief explanation as to why you are requesting the appeal. You will have an opportunity to go into more detail later.

  • Once you have completed the web-form, you will be asked to upload documentation that supports the appeal.

  • When everything is in order, click the Submit button to submit your appeal.