Contact Us |  

Search form


Federal Pell Grant

Paying for a UC Berkeley education is within your reach. Federal Pell Grants are federally funded grants that help more than 7 million students pay their educational expenses each year.

At Berkeley, 27 percent of our undergraduates receive a Federal Pell Grant.

How to Apply

Apply for the Federal Pell Grant each October for the upcoming school year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Read the most current Federal Pell Grant information from the Department of Education, including award amounts.

Annual award amounts are prorated (reduced) if you enroll in less than 12 units per term. Remember that enrolling in and completing 15 units per term will help you graduate in four years (two years for transfer students).